Rodney was admitted to practise as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia, Hong Kong, and England and Wales in 2006, 2007 and 2009, respectively. He joined the firm in 2014.
Rodney’s practice covers a broad range of commercial and corporate finance work, including initial public offerings, secondary equity offerings, pre-IPO investments, bond offerings and corporate restructurings. He has also undertaken various cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and takeovers of Hong Kong-listed companies. He has advised a number of Hong Kong-listed companies on listing and general compliance matters.
- Advising Morris Holdings Limited in its global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Morris Holdings Limited is a PRC-based sofa and sofa cover manufacturer and exporter. Sinolink Securities (Hong Kong) Company Limited is the sole sponsor, sole global coordinator and sole bookrunner.
- Advising Frontpage Capital Limited as sponsor and the underwriters on the share offer and Main Board listing of Royal Deluxe Holdings Limited. Royal Deluxe Holdings Limited is a major subcontractor specialising in providing formwork erection.
- Advising New Spring Capital Limited and Altus Capital Limited as joint sponsors on the GEM Board listing by way of placing of Altus Holdings Limited. Altus Holdings Limited focuses on corporate finance activities in Hong Kong and property investment with emphasis in Japan real estate.
- Advising Hengxing Gold Holding Company Limited in its global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Hengxing Gold Holding Company Limited is a “mineral company” under Chapter 18 of the Listing Rules having gold mining operations in China. China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited is the sole global coordinator and sole sponsor.
- Advising China Everbright Capital Limited as sole sponsor on the placing and GEM Board listing of IGG Inc, raising HK$686.3 million. IGG Inc is a fast-growing global online games developer and operator with headquarters in Singapore and regional offices in the United States, China, and the Philippines.
- Advising Trinity Limited in its HK$506 million global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Trinity Limited is one of the leading high-to-luxury end menswear retailers serving Greater China. Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities (Asia Pacific) Limited are the joint global coordinators, joint bookrunners and joint lead managers.
- Advising Solargiga Energy Holdings Limited in its HK$93 million open offer.
- Advising Minmetals Land Limited in its HK$522 million rights issue.
- Acting for China Tian Yuan International Finance Limited in its subscription for convertible bonds issued by a Hong Kong construction service provider in the principal amount of HK$40 million.
- Advising a PRC A-share listed real estate conglomerate in various cross-border real estate acquisitions.
- Advising Great Eagle Holdings Limited on its US$24 million discloseable and connected transaction in relation to acquisition of hotel development interests in Luwan District, Shanghai and formation of related joint venture, and continuing connected transactions involving related hotel agreements.
- Advising China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. on its HK$1.2 billion discloseable transaction involving disposal of PRC property projects and formation of related joint ventures with an investment fund.
- Advising Shenzhen Qianhai Financial Holdings Co., Ltd. in its issuance and Hong Kong listing of CNY1 billion 4.55% credit enhanced bonds, secured by an irrevocable standby letter of credit provided by China Development Bank Corporation.
- Advising Eastern Air Overseas (Hong Kong) Corporation Limited in its issuance and Hong Kong listing of CNY2.5 billion 4.8% guaranteed bonds, unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited.
- Advising Solargiga Energy Holdings Limited in its issuance of RMB300 million 4.75% bonds.
- Acting for the offeror in the voluntary general offers made by CCB International Capital Limited on its behalf for the securities of Hong Kong-listed Pizu Group Holdings Limited.