Jennifer is a Consultant of Stevenson, Wong & Co. Before joining the firm, she served as the legal director of a Hong Kong listed mainland real estate company, which was ranked in the top 20 of the “2021 China Top 100 Listed Real Estate Enterprises”. She managed offshore litigation cases and led a team of external lawyers in different jurisdictions (including Hong Kong, United Kingdom, United States, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, etc.). In addition, she served as the sole legal consultant of a well-known Hong Kong-listed Chinese media company, one of the largest Chinese-language newspapers published in more than 100 cities worldwide. She managed all legal affairs of the company (both non-contentious and contentious). Prior to that, Jennifer was a Partner of a well-known local law firm in Hong Kong, leading a team to serve mainland enterprises and high net-worth clients. She is also an accredited mediator of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited and a celebrant of marriages. Currently, Jennifer is a member of the ‘non-social work professionals’ sector representing the Law Society of Hong Kong in the Assessment Panel of Hong Kong Social Workers Registration Board.
Jennifer is strong at handling complex cross-border commercial litigation, international arbitration and dispute resolution cases, including contract disputes, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, commercial fraud, bankruptcy and company winding-up, and insolvency related matters. She also provides legal advice on tracing and enforcement of judgments. The service targets are mainly listed companies, domestic and foreign enterprises, professional institutions and high net-worth clients. For those cases where positive results have been obtained by Jennifer who had appeared in Court as advocate, some of the Court’s reasons for ruling have been included in Hong Kong Law Reports and Digests and Hong Kong Chinese Law Reports & Translations.
Jennifer also specializes in contentious trust and succession cases, including challenging validity of wills, removal of personal representatives, appointment of independent administrators and estate administration.
Apart from handling litigation cases, Jennifer also provides legal advice to liquidators. She was also seconded to the legal department of a Chinese bank in Hong Kong to provide legal advice on the bank’s daily legal issues.
- Represented one of the world’s largest manufacturers of battery components for the consumer battery market in applying for urgent freezing orders, property preservation orders and document disclosure orders against more than 20 companies in email fraud
- Represented a major shareholder of a leading and well-known manufacturer of mooncakes and traditional Chinese cakes in a shareholder dispute in Hong Kong
- Represented a group of minority shareholders in winding-up proceedings in Hong Kong against the majority shareholder (being a charitable foundation) concerning a family business involving more than HK$2 billion (including a commercial building)
- Represented a high net-worth individual defending a partnership dispute involving properties valued over HK$300 million
- Handling challenges to jurisdiction from time to time in cross-border litigation
- Represented Hong Kong Main Board listed companies in resisting winding-up petitions and assisting in applications for appointment of provisional liquidators in light touch liquidation
- Represented a Hong Kong company (incorporated by a high net-worth individual in cooperation with military in South Korea) in an ICC arbitration with a team of French lawyers against Europe’s largest aeronautics and space company concerning dispute over distribution of commission
- Represented a subsidiary of a well-known HK listed construction company in arbitration proceedings in Hong Kong relating to dispute over payment on variation works