We are pleased to announce that our SW Private Client Practice and Partners, Ms. Catherine Por and Ms. Wendy Lam, have recently received the following awards:
- Hong Kong Family Law Firm of the Year by Gamechangers (ACQ5) Global Awards 2021
- Family Law Firm of the Year in Hong Kong by Global Law Experts Annual Awards 2021
- Family Law Firm of the Year in Hong Kong by Lawyer Network Annual Awards 2021
- Family Law Firm of the Year – Hong Kong by Legal 100 Asia 2021
- Ms. Catherine Por – Most Influential Woman in Family Law – Hong Kong by AI Global Excellence Awards 2021
- Ms. Wendy Lam – Recommended Leading Hong Kong Estates, Probate & Succession Litigation Lawyers by Doyles Guide 2021
- Ms. Wendy Lam – Women in Law Awards 2021 by Lawyer Monthly Magazine
About SW Private Client:
Our award-winning SW Private Client team is recognised as one of the leading matrimonial and family law practices in Hong Kong. Our reputation is based on our expertise in the following areas:
• Family Practice
We are experienced in dealing with all aspects of contentious and non-contentious family matters including the preparation of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, conducting cases concerning custody and maintenance of children, financial disputes between divorcing couples and third parties, cross border and jurisdiction and forum disputes, and abduction of children. Additionally, three of the family court judges in Hong Kong, one of whom is a judge of the Court of First Instance, are former members of this firm.
• Wills, Probate and Succession Planning, Trust Advisory and Wealth Planning
Our specialized team on family wealth and succession planning has expertise and extensive experience in providing practical advice and solutions to private clients of different backgrounds, including entrepreneurs, executives, expatriates and high net worth individuals in their wealth succession, asset preservation, trust and estate planning. The team also handles applications for grant of representation for estates involving assets in Hong Kong and multiple jurisdictions.
• Committee Work for MIPs
With the aging population in Hong Kong, and with the increase in rates of dementia and special needs persons, we have gained specialized in-depth experience in preparing complicated Enduring Powers of Attorney and handling cases of Committee work for mentally incapacitated persons. We assist applicants in making applications to the Court for the appointment of Committees as well as advising Committees on different aspects under the Mental Health Ordinance, Cap 136 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
We also have a team of accredited family and general mediators who regularly conduct mediations for a variety of family issues with notable success rates. We are also dedicated to the use of alternative dispute resolution, providing a timely and flexible means to resolve a variety of disputes by helping parties to reach a mutually agreed settlement.