On 29-30 September 2016, our partners Ms. Wendy Lam and Ms. Janice Chin attended the International Family Law Conference with the theme “The Future of Family Justice – International and Multi-Disciplinary Pathways” held at the Supreme Court Auditorium, Singapore.
Partner of Stevenson, Wong & Co attended the Symposium on Cross-Border Disputes Involving Children in Singapore
On 26-27 September 2016, our Partner Ms Sherlynn Chan attended the “Symposium on Cross-Border Disputes Involving Children – Perspectives on Family Disputes Involving Children in a Globalized Society”, which was held at the Supreme Court Auditorium, Singapore. It was co-organized by the Family Justice Courts of Singapore and the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH).
Deutsche Bank AG, Hong Kong Branch v Zhang Hong Li  3 HKLRD 303
The Plaintiff issued a writ of summons against the Defendant, a PRC resident in China, and obtained leave under O.11 r.1(1) of the Rules of the High Court to serve a concurrent writ out of the jurisdiction on the Defendant at his residential address.
Stevenson, Wong & Co. invited to the grand opening ceremony and banquet of Vpower Finance Security (HK) Limited
On 23 September 2016, Senior Associate Mr. Franky Fung together with our Banking Department Legal Executive, Mr. Man Wong attended the grand opening ceremony and banquet of Vpower Finance Security (HK) Limited (“the Company”).
Trusts Law Update
Sorry, this entry is only available in 中文.
Joint Administrators of African Minerals Ltd v Madison Pacific Trust Ltd  4 HKC 215
Company A, incorporated in Canada, held 75% of three operating companies in the business of mineral mining while Company B held the remaining 25%. Company A as guarantor entered into a borrowing facility with certain companies as borrowers. Company A also charged some shares in two companies in favour of the lender bank.